Mount Kailash (also Mount Kailasa; Kangrinboqê or Gang Rinpoche; Tibetan: གངས་རིན་པོ་ཆེ; Chinese: 冈仁波齐峰 (simplified); Chinese: 岡仁波齊峰 (traditional)), is a 6,638 m (21,778 ft) high peak in the Kailash Range (Gangdisê Mountains), which forms part of Transhimalaya in the Tibet Autonomous Region of China.
The mountain is located near Lake Manasarovar and Lake Rakshastal, close to the source of some of the longest Asian rivers: the Indus, Sutlej, Brahmaputra, and Karnali also known as Ghaghara (a tributary of the Ganges) in India. Mount Kailash is considered to be sacred in four religions: Bon, Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism.
Day 01: ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU
Day 02: KATHMANDU SIGHTSEEING TOUR
Day 03: FLY TO NEPALGUNJ
Day 04: FLY NEPALGUNJ TO SIMIKOT
Day 05: SIMIKOT – HILSA – TAKLAKOT
Day 06: TAKLAKOT TO LAKE MANSAROVAR
Day 07: Yatrees can perform Hawan and Puja on the banks of Lake Manasarovar.
Day 08: Walking around the sacred mountain of Kailash (6714 m)
Day 09: Trek up to Dolma La pass (5648 m) and Gauri Kund (5630 m).
Day 10: Overnight stay at Darchen.
Day 11: Drive back to Purang, 100kms.
Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj.
Day 13:Departure from Kathmandu.
ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU.
Your arrival in Kathmandu. Our representative will meet you & greet you at the airport, then transfer to hotel. Rest of the day, free. Evening, tour orientation program. Overnight at hotel.
KATHMANDU SIGHTSEEING TOUR: Morning after breakfast, you will set off for sightseeing tour. You will visit Pashupatinath temple (the most sacred temple of Hindus), Mata Guheswori temple & Budhanilkantha temple (SheshShaiya Vishnu, also known as sleeping Vishnu).
FLY TO NEPALGUNJ.
You will be transferred to the domestic airport for your flight to Nepalgunj. Nepalgunj, situated south-west from Kathmandu, is the gateway to far Western mountain regions of Nepal. The duration of flight is about an hour. Our representative will meet you at Nepalgunj airport then transfer to hotel. Evening, you will have leisure time on your own.
– Overnight at Hotel Sneha or similar.
– Kathmandu to Nepalgunj flight: 1 hour.
FLY NEPALGUNJ TO SIMIKOT.
Early morning, at 5.00 a.m., transfer to Nepalgunj airport for your flight to Simikot. The flight between Nepalgunj and Simikot takes about an hour. The air route to Simikot passes over the remote mountain region of Nepal where whether often gets cloudy and notorious. Generally, the weather in the mountain area, in the morning, is calm and clear. This is the reason why we should fly to Simikot early morning.
Simikot is situated at an altitude of 2910 m., this is an ideal place to make a night halt for acclimatization motive. Simikot has a STOL airport (Short Take Off and Landing) where only small aircraft can go. The aircraft, we fly from Nepalgunj, can carry only 15 people at a time.
We stay overnight in Simikot for acclimatization.
– Overnight Sunvalley Resort or Nepal Trust Guesthouse (Dormitory room & common bath room).
– Nepalgunj to Simikot flight: 1 hour.
– Aircraft type: Dronier or Twin otter
– Carrying capacity: Only 16 people at a time.
– Elevation of Simikot: 2910 m/9545 fts.
– Expected temperature: day time: 18 to 25 degree
SIMIKOT – HILSA – TAKLAKOT
Early morning, after breakfast, you will pack up our baggage then trek down to the airport and board on the helicopter. The helicopter flight from Simikot to Hilsa takes about 25 minutes (one way) only. The flight route passes through deep Karnali River-gorge and narrow remote valleys, where weather normally turns windy & cloudy from late morning onward. So, we try to operate more shuttle flights early in the morning and bring all group members to Hilsa.
We operate Euro copter (B3) that can carry only 5 persons + 10 kg luggage at a time. Since, helicopter has limited capacity to carry, we request you not to carry any unnecessary stuff. We use two helicopters at a time, so we can airlift our group members to Hilsa as soon as possible.
After all group members shifted to Hilsa by helicopter, you will cross the border then drive to Taklakot, 3830m (Purang). As per the visa rule of the Chinese government, all group members should enter together and exit together. So, until and unless all members do not come to Hilsa, no one can cross the border.
The drive from Hilsa to Taklakot takes about 45 minutes. The driving distance is about 27 kms. After completing the immigration formalities, overnight stay at Purang hotel.
– Simikot to Hilsa: by helicopter
– Flight duration: 25 minutes
– Carrying capacity: 5 persons + 10 kg baggage each.
– Hilsa to Chinese immigration (Sher): only 10 minutes walk.
– Sher to Taklakot: 27 km, 45 minutes drive by Bus.
– Elevation of Taklakot: 4025 m. /13202 fts.
– Expected temperature: day time: 22 to 28 degree Celsius/night time:- up to -3 degree Celsius.
– General climatic condition: mild windy
TAKLAKOT TO LAKE MANSAROVAR
As usual, after having morning meal, we pack our belongings, then board on the vehicle and be ready to move towards Lake manasarovar. Right from the begining, the highway commences making gradual ascend. The road still keeps ascending up to the high pass that lies before Rakshaslake. The lake ‘Rakshas’ represents the devil force. This is where Ravana, ‘the mighty King of Lanka’, had performed a penance to lord Shiva for 5000 years. We will take a brief halt at the shore of lakeRakshash, soak in views and take pictures; then continue our journey towards Lake Manasarovar.
We check in to the Guesthouse of Lake Manasarovar (Chiugompa) then walk to the lakeshore for having sacred dip and performing pooja. After pooja, we will have afternoon meal; board on the vehicle then set off for circumambulation around the lake. The entire circumference of the lake is presumably 102 km, and it demands a minimum two hours to accomplish this part of the journey.
– Overnight in guesthouse.
– Taklakot to Lake Manasarovar: 102 km, one &half hour.
– Elevation of Lake Manasarovar: 4550 m. /14,925 fts
– Expected temperature: day time: 22 to 32 degree Celsius; night time:- -3 to -4 degree.
– Climatic condition: windy.
Day 07: Yatrees can perform Hawan and Puja on the banks of Lake Manasarovar. Late afternoon, drive to Darchen, 35km. Prepare porters and animal packs for next 3 days trek. Overnight in local Guest House (B/L/D).
This day marks the beginning of the walking around the sacred mountain of Kailash (6714 m) also known as “Parikrama”. The Yatrees will be taken to Yamadwar, the starting point of Kora, from Darchen which is 7 kms drive and then trek to Diraphuk (4920 m).
Those Yatrees who cannot undertake the arduous Parikrama can stay back at Diraphuk. Yatrees can walk or opt for Yak or horse during the Parikrama. Yatrees can witness the magnificient Northern view of Kailash Parvat and the beautiful sunset.
Please Note: We should make a brief halt in Darchen because some travel documents obtained from local Police and Army officials as well as we have to make group entry in the region.
– Overnight at Guest house for normal program or tented accommodation with tented toilet facilties for exclusive program.
– Lake Manasarovar to Yama Dwara: 45 km, 1 & half hour drive.
– Yama Dwar – Diraphuk (10 kms-12 kms approx): 5 – 6 hours trek.
– Elevation of Diraphuk: 4920 m/16,138 fts
-Expected temperature: day time:-12 to 18 degree Celsius/night time: -5 to -8 degree.
– Average climatic condition: windy and partly cloudy & rainy.
Parikrama continues on this day, this is one of the toughest days for the Yatrees, as they have to trek up to Dolma La pass (5648 m) and Gauri Kund (5630 m). Light lunch will be provided on the way. We will arrive at Zuthulphuk in the evening. Overnight stay at the mud house for a well deserved rest.
– Overnight mudhouse/tented accommodation for exclusive program with tented toilet facilities.
– Diraphuk to Zutulphuk: 18 kms-20 kms (8 – 9 hours trek).
– The highest point to cross over: Dolma La pass (5600 m/18,368 fts)
– Elevation of Zutulphuk: 4820 m/15,810 fts.
– Expected temperature: 14 to 22 degree Celsius/ night time: -3 to -5 degree.
– Average climatic condition: windy
This day will be relatively easier to walk back to Darchen, compared to the earlier day. The Yatrees will be accommodated in the guest house for overnight stay at Darchen.
Drive back to Purang, 100kms. Yatrees can be done at Lake Manasarovar and Lake Rakshas on the way back. Overnight at Purang hotel (B)
On the next morning we drive down to the border (Sher) and exit to Nepal (B) and fly back to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj.
Departure from Kathmandu.